Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week # 5 Day Two 5 mile run

http://www.walkjogrun.net/routes/current_route.cfm?rid=188065FD-FBEE-C3ED-700EF65CA096B6E4

5 miles tonight. I was so tired when I got home from work that I ended up taking a 15 minute power nap. I didn't start my run until almost 7pm. It was already getting dark outside. I didn't wear my reflective vest or bring my flashlight. I should have. It was way too dark and some of the roads did not have sidewalks, so it was kind of dangerous. Since I'm boycotting horse country I decided to run in my usual area. I went past Nevada State, and past the hospice and adult day care center, and past the bread factory. Went down the road across form the gas station to the first apartment entrance, which was 2.5 miles. Then I had to go all the way back. The first part once I turned around had a lot of inclines. But I felt really good the whole time, and kept a steady pace. I ended up doing 5.02 miles in 48:22. I averaged 9:33 a mile and burned 525 calories. It was so dark that I couldn't really see my watch, which turned out to be a good thing. I caught glimpses as I passed under street lights, but kind of just went by how I was feeling. I was so happy I broke 50 minutes. Last time I did 5 miles it took me 52 minutes. Tomorrow is my last 3 miler until week #15. My legs are sore now, but during the run they were okay. Will sleep good tonight : )

No comments:

Post a Comment