Saturday, August 28, 2010

Week # 2 Day Three 3 mile run

Didn't run Thursday, was too tired. Thankfully we have 4 days to run in a week, so its a little more flexible. Ran on Friday instead. Made the mistake of getting Round Table pizza on the way home from work for our dinner. Got Garrett an Ultimeat pizza and I got myself the Garden Delight. Had a few slices when I got home, and then decided to run about an hour after eating. Big mistake. I wanted to get done with my run early, instead of waiting until 7 or 7:30pm. Ventured out to horse country again, and did a 3 mile loop. Felt fine up until after I passed mile #2. Was on my way to breaking 3o minutes, and began to start tasting my pizza. I felt like I was going to puke, and had to slow down. I kept running, but was almost to a shuffle towards the end. I ended up finishing in 30 minutes and 26 seconds for 3.03 miles. Lesson learned, do not eat an hour before I have to run. Usually I dont eat until after I run, and its always something light. But I finished, and now tomorrow is the long 6 mile run. Still trying to figure out my route for that one. Rest day today, leaving to go see Vampires Suck in a few minutes. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment